Monday 21 February 2011

First Post! Eeek...

Well, here goes... my first ever blog post!


I have spent this morning searching for some inspiration, on what is a rather miserable looking day beyond my balcony doors! I am planning to muster up the enthusiasm to venture down the the VERY cold garden room and start stripping and painting some more furniture, in the mean time I will sit a little longer in the warm and share these finds with you...


I can spend hours just browsing beautiful images and find so much inspiration for my home on the internet. I have a love for the old wooden plate racks at the moment, they look so beautiful filled with pretty vintage plates. Unfortunately our kitchen is far too small to accommodate one, so I shall have to save this one for the next house.


I love all of the pretty vintage colours coupled with the little lights...

While I am on the subject of plates, I absolutely love the use of these plates as wall decoration. Although I do find it hard to find pretty plates, often sifting through lot's of crockery at fairs and charity shops. The prettier they are the more expensive they seem to be. Still, it makes it all the more rewarding and special when you do find one or two!


I absolutely LOVE this little space, so much fun :)


I also really love the neutral coloured 'more grown up' plates, so pretty and romantic...

****

During my searches, I also came across the idea of re-using using old wooden ladders in various manners, I love this idea and will be keeping my eye out for an old ladder or two on my travels...


A great way to find space for scarves, jewellery or belts


I love this idea for the kitchen too... great if you have a tiny kitchen like me and need extra space.


Much more space needed for this one, but I think this is brilliant idea for a studio/workspace!




4 comments:

  1. hi lovely blog, have a look at mine xx
    i'm on twitter too staffordcupcake xx
    keep blogging xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At simply lovely first post. Really look forward to the next. We have some shared interests so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big thank you for the lovely comments and support, I will be sure to check out your blogs! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog- looking forward to more news and ideas..you have lovely taste! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...