Tuesday 22 March 2011

*More lovely purchases and a new project...*

What a beautiful few days it has been! It's lovely to finally see that spring has arrived, the daffodils and snowdrops lining the driveway are all in bloom and everything is looking as though it is coming back to life at last. We are so lucky to live where we do at present, sitting on the balcony looking out onto the old vineyards and fields, it's easy to imagine you are basking in the Mediterranean sun... *bliss*.

***

Unfortunately we only rent this little Coach House, so it will be a bit of a come down when we have to pack up move into our own home. Although, as much as I adore this house and the incredible surroundings, I am desperate to get into our own home and get my creative juices flowing, and I know we will find something quaint and full of character.

In the meantime however, I will continue to *stock pile*  lot's of lovely things to take with us! A few more of which I acquired this weekend...

I found these cute little clay mugs in a local shop called 'Javelin', they do mostly clothing but also have a beautiful selection of crockery and other homey bits and pieces. They were only £4.00 each so obviously too much of a bargain to not bring home!

I also found this simple little wooden box, I love the colour it is painted so I think I will just tidy it up and rid it of rust, with a view to using it for stuffing brightly coloured napkins into for our summer bbq's*

My Mum gave me this gorgeous bowl, It has been in our family for years and I *LOVE* it. The colours are so pretty, probably one of my favourite pieces and definitely all of my fave colours. I think it is a little Japanese finger bowl or such like? I filled it with little shells
My favourite new *project item* is this fantastic vintage lamp stand, it has been painted in a pale green colour already and looks quite shabby chic with the paint that has chipped off, so I will do the very minimum to the actual stand itself, just a little sanding here and there to tidy up and smooth over some areas. The top of the stand is telescopic too, with a cute little screw handle like an old fashioned tap, I love it!


All I need is some braided cable and a lampshade now! The original bulb fitting only has one ring, so I thought that I would have to replace it for a 2 ringed version to enable me to fit a shade... After some internet searching I came up with nothing in the correct thread size, so I popped into a local lighting shop and was met with a couple of rather stern, fusty old shop assistants that immediately informed me that I would "never find one in that size and that I certainly could not buy the old fashioned braided cable, because my lamp was not earthed and even if I could use the braided cable that I wouldn't find it in the colour I want as they only make a couple of colours"! I then informed them that my lamp was indeed earthed and that you could buy braided cable in a vast array of colours on the internet (so nerrr), I left the shop with a new gadget to hold my shade in place (59p - bargain) feeling rather smug!

* * *

I haven't quite decided which colour braid to go for or what colour shade yet. I am watching a lovely vintage shade in a pale pink on ebay, so I will see how that goes! I may have a go at making my own shade instead if I can find a suitable fabric. Watch this space!

 

 Eclectic Heaven x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...